All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a fresh contribution to the increasingly sterile political and academic discourses on education and society. Using incisive and empirically grounded transformative perspectives as lenses of analysis, the authors succeed in liberating the reader from the dominant and simplistic ecomic determinism that has, for a long time, concealed the culpability of structural attributes of corporate capitalism in creating the triad of poverty, unemployment and inequality.
- Author BiographySalim Vally and Enver Motala are two of South AfricaAEs most outspoken critics of the aethere is no alternativeAE view to the hegemonic neo liberal approach to economic development and the place of education within it. In this text they, and a number of eminent colleagues, provide one of the few elaborations in the country of what is wrong with human capital theory, with supply side approaches framing economic policy and with current education strategies which privilege individual advancement.
- Author(s)Enver Motala,Salim Vally
- PublisherUnisa Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPretoria
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintUnisa Press
- Weight625 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.