All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducation Law, 5th Edition provides a comprehensive survey of the legal problems and issues that confront school administrators and policymakers today. This textbook is organized around the belief that students need to read court cases to understand the subtlety and richness of the law, but for legal neophytes, cases without discussion and interpretation are often too difficult to comprehend. Thus, the text balances an explanation of the important principles of education law, with actual court decisions to illuminate these concepts. The court decisions are carefully edited to highlight issues most relevant to administrators, and each chapter explores implications for policy and practice. New in the Fifth Edition: * Additional content on bullying, student privacy, free speech rights, teacher evaluation, collective bargaining, and issues relating to Internet and techlogy. * Revision of materials dealing with education policy and updating of references and case law throughout. * A companion website with materials for students and instructors, including links to full cases, a glossary of key concepts, and discussion questions to help students further engage with the content.
- Author BiographyMichael Imber is Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies at the University of Kansas. Tyll van Geel is Earl B. Taylor Professor Emeritus at the Warner School of Education, University of Rochester. J.C. Blokhuis is Assistant Professor of Social Development Studies at Renison University College, University of Waterloo and a Kluge Fellow at the Library of Congress. Jonathan Feldman is a Senior Attorney at the Empire Justice Center and Clinical Visiting Professor of Law, Cornell University Law School.
- Author(s)J. C. Blokhuis,Jonathan Feldman,Michael Imber,Tyll van Geel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight952 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.