All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.20
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory textbook explores education policy, looking at where we came from, where we are and where we are going. In this introduction to educational policy, practice and the professional, the authors focus first on historical policy from the state's first interventions in education through to Thatcherism, and Blair's Education, Education, Education. They then explore the key contemporary policies of recent times and offers a critique on how they have worked in practice, before moving to look at the hysteria that often surrounds education policy, with focus on media representation and the effects this has for the teaching profession. Commentaries and case studies are presented throughout providing an accessible link to what it was really like to learn, teach and live at the time the policy was in place. This title is an essential reading for all undergraduate education studies students.
- Author BiographyJane Bates is Principal Subject Leader of Education Studies at Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU Cheshire). Sue Lewis is Principal Subject Leader of Education Studies at Manchester Metropolitan University (Manchester). Andy Pickard is Academic Division Leader for Education, Professional and Community Studies at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
- Author(s)Andy Pickard,Jane Bates,Sue Lewis
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight358 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.