All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn Education Policy Research, Helen M. Gunter, David Hall and Colin Mills bring together contributions from a range of researchers, academics and practitioners. Each chapter draws on critical theoretical perspectives and showcases invative research projects within educational settings to understand the current changes in schools, schooling and education, to explore critical questions. The varied accounts demonstrate the importance of partnerships between schools and higher education, and of putting educational research into context, specifically charting the ways in which schools and schooling have been reformed through government interventions. Education Policy Research presents new research findings on the realities of how educational practice can be understood and explained, so enabling researchers to take a reflexive stance towards their own work. The editors and contributors take seriously the need to rethink their data and consider the contribution of research dispositions and practices to ongoing change and development. At the same time, the chapters give recognition to what research and researchers can and cant do, contributing to the ongoing debates about the value of - and the urgent ongoing need for - social science research.
- Author BiographyHelen M. Gunter is Professor of Education Policy, Leadership and Management at the Manchester Institute of Education, University of Manchester, UK. David Hall is Professor of Education Policy and Practice at the Manchester Institute of Education, University of Manchester, UK. Colin Mills is a Senior Teaching Fellow at the Manchester Institute of Education, University of Manchester, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleBloomsbury Research Methods
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byColin Mills,David Hall,Helen M. Gunter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.