All listings for this product
About this product
- Description@text: Everyone kws that education is important, we are confronted daily by discussion of it in the media and by politicians, but how much do we really kw about education? Education: The Basics is a lively and engaging introduction to education as an academic subject, taking into account both theory and practice. Covering the schooling system, the nature of kwledge and methods of teaching, this book analyses the viewpoints of both teachers and pupils. Key questions are answered, including: * What is education and what is it for? * Where does education take place? * How do we learn? * Who are the students? * What is being taught in schools and universities and why? * What is the state of education across the world? With further reading throughout, Education: The Basics is essential for all those embarking on undergraduate courses in Education and Education Studies, and for those with an involvement in teaching at all levels.
- Author BiographyKay Wood recently retired as Head of the Department of Education and Childhood Studies at Bath Spa University. She has experience of secondary teaching and in-school training, and for twelve years acted as Access tutor, promoting wider access to education at all levels. Her primary research interests are international education, the sociology of education and education policy.
- Author(s)Kay Wood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.