All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $61.22Trending at AU $69.47
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
- AU $37.91Trending at AU $41.12
About this product
- DescriptionEducation and Anarchy sets in motion a way of thinking about, questioning, and responding to what we can do in the face of chaos, which, whether we ackwledge it or t, animates and drives our relation to learning and teaching. Each chapter addresses different aspects of how we can learn to live creatively with this potential for losing control over what we would master, by providing practical examples and lesson plans involving both traditional literary approaches and also more experimental n-verbal modes of expression across the curriculum and disciplines. Education and Anarchy concludes by reaffirming that each student can provide you, the teacher, with ample opportunities to remember, and to learn from, how you learn best. In the end: education is about letting students learn. Despite pressures from above, teachers--of whatever rank and working in matter what discipline or field of study- are the ultimate guardians of this truth.
- Author BiographyBill Engel has taught and lectured at various schools in the United States and abroad, most recently at the University of the South in Sewanee. An educational consultant and independent scholar, he continues to teach literature and intellectual history. Links to his current projects can be found at www.engelwood.net.
- Author(s)Bill Engel
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/06/2001
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight276 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.