All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEducation policy and practice has historically been developed within thenational/regional context. However, globalization has prompted educationalists to review their practice in the light of international influences. World issues such as global warming, conflict and the depletion of earth resources have also contributed to an increased awareness of the rolethat education can play in resolving these problems.The contributors focus on how education can bring about social change whileconnecting with theory at the level of cultural impact and policy implications. Theyinvestigate the potential for creating a transnational value system in education, focusing on some key human rights issues both at home and overseas.Truly international in scope, this text lays the groundwork for future research by exposing the commonalities and differences in approaches to kwledge production and its dissemination, drawing together contributions from a variety of cross cultural contexts.
- Author BiographyChahid Fourali is an independent education and business consultant working in the UK and abroad. Sally Issler is an independent consultant, UK. Geoffrey Elliott is Professor of Lifelong Learning at the University of Worcester, UK.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byChahid Fourali,Geoffrey Elliott,Sally Issler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.59
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.