All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn many countries the school curriculum oscillates between focusing on traditional subjects and focusing on skills that are linked to the needs of the 21st-century digital age. Rosamund Sutherland argues against such a skills-based curriculum, maintaining that, from a social justice perspective, the priority of schools should be to give young people access to the kwledge that they are t likely to learn outside school. She draws on the work of Michael Young, Lev Vygotsky, Amartya Sen and David Olson to develop new theoretical and practical insights that offer ways of changing policy and practice to improve equality and life chances for young people, while ackwledging the potential transformative role of digital techlogies. This timely book will be invaluable to teachers, academics, students and policy makers interested in the ways in which the digital landscape transforms the nature of the debate about equity and social justice in education.
- Author BiographyRosamund Sutherland is Professor of Education at the Graduate School of Education, the University of Bristol. Her research has been concerned with teaching and learning with ICT, young people's use of digital technologies outside school, and mathematics education. She has led a wide range of research projects funded by the ESRC, and collaborated with colleagues in Latin America, Europe and Africa. In this book she brings together the previous strands of her research, with a particular focus on social justice.
- Author(s)Rosamund Sutherland
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.