All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionA distance is opening up between Catholic education and the rich intellectual heritage of the Catholic Church. Education in a Catholic Perspective explores Catholic philosophical and theological foundations for both education per se and for Catholic education in particular. With contributions spanning the theological foundations of Catholic education, the interplay of theology and education, and discussions of the social and missional dimensions of education, this book will be of considerable interest to educators and students of Catholic education, to academics in the fields of applied theology and philosophy and to those with an interest in the foundations of education.
- Author BiographyDr Stephen J McKinney is a senior lecturer in the School of Education in the University of Glasgow. He is the editor of: Faith Schools in the 21st Century (2008) and A Companion to Catholic Education (Franchi and McKinney, 2011). He has published over 35 articles, book chapters and research reports. John Sullivan is Professor of Christian Education, at Liverpool Hope University. He has published extensively. His most recent books are Learning the Language of Faith (2010) and Communicating Faith (2011). Prior to this he has published influential books such as Catholic Schools in Contention (2000), and Catholic Education: Distinctive and Inclusive (2001). He has also published 70+ articles and chapters in books (in the UK, Ireland, USA, Australia and Europe) on religion and education. His next major writing project is a monograph provisionally entitled Scholarship, Standards & Spirituality.
- Author(s)John Sullivan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight664 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byStephen J. McKinney
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.