Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe island of Malta, a naligned power, received full independence from Great Britain in 1964. Malta's consequent classification as a developing nation compelled its government to initiate many changes in its political, social, and ecomic ideologies. Central to its efforts for redevelopment was a stronger emphasis on expansion of its international educational environment, which included vocational, technical, and academic training. The island has continued to prepare and maintain itself to accommodate the emerging multinational business community, recognizing the importance and impact it would have on the country's future. In post-secondary education, emphasis was placed on career-oriented (work-study) programs, and included the mastery of four foreign languages. In its search for ecomic, social, and political stability, Malta's destiny was strongly influenced by situational factors--societal, cultural, religious, foreign, and political. Viewing Malta as a case study, this volume sheds light on the functioning of an educational system in a developing nation, demonstrates education's role in improving a nation's socioecomic system, and supports ecomic theories that maintain that investment in education is a natural tool for ecomic development. It also provides information on approaches and techniques other countries use to resolve their educational problems and adds to the kwledge of international and business education.
- Author BiographyCARMEN M. CARUANA is Associate Professor of Business Administration and Economics at St. John's University in New York.
- Author(s)Carmen M. Caruana
- Date of Publication26/10/1992
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.