All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrian WebbThis book draws on Edward Bawden's delightful illustrations, posters and licuts of Kew Gardens made over 60 years. It presents a light-hearted social history of Kew, peopled with the many Haverian Kings, Queens and Princes who resided there, as well as courtiers such as the 3rd Earl of Bute, Joseph Banks Fulke Greville and their proteges including William Chambers, William Aiton, Fanny Burney and Sir William Hooker. Alongside Bawden's posters and licuts, the book is illustrated with the contemporary caricatures of Rowlandson and Gillray as well as botanical illustrations by Franz Bauer and others.
- Author BiographyPeyton skipwith is an independent fine art consultant and Brian Webb is a designer and lecturer. They are the authors of Edward Bawden's London (V&A 2011), and numerous other publications on British design including titles featuring the work of Eric Ravilious, Paul and John Nash, David Gentleman, Peter Blake and the Curwen Press.
- Author(s)Brian Webb,Peyton Skipwith
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width148 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.