All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- Description'In 1997 I had what I refer to as my oil epiphany. It occurred to me that the vast, human-altered landscapes that I pursued and photographed for over twenty years were only made possible by the discovery of oil and the mechanical advantage of the internal combustion engine. It was then that I began the oil project. Over the next ten years I researched and photographed the largest oil fields I could find. I went on to make images of refineries, freeway interchanges, automobile plants and the scrap industry that results from the recycling of cars. Then I began to look at the culture of oil, the motor culture, where masses of people congregate around vehicles, with vehicle events as the main attraction. These images can be seen as tations by one artist contemplating the world as it is made possible through this vital energy resource and the cumulative effects of industrial evolution' - Edward Burtynsky.
- PrizesShortlisted for And/Or Book Awards: Best Photography Book 2010.
- Author(s)Edward Burtynsky
- PublisherSteidl Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- Place of PublicationGottingen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSteidl Verlag
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight2930 g
- Width295 mm
- Height375 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byMarcus Schubert
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.