CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first full biography of one of the greatest Roman Catholic theologians of the last century. Schillebeeckx is alive and still writing important work. He is a Dutch Dominican and theological genius, whose influence on the Second Vatican Council was extraordinarily profound. He was regarded as the theological voice of progressive Catholicism. But in 1968 the Vatican Authorities started an investigation into his orthodoxy and a great many Catholics also felt that this was an attack on them. This is above all an intellectual biography - a work in which changes which are perceptible in his published work have been connected with the contemporary changes in the social, cultural, theological and ecclesiastical landscape. So this is a study of Schillebeeckx that puts him in his history - it is a new perspective of his ultimate significance for the church and for the development of theology. The aim of Erik Borgman in this book is to increase the kwledge of Schillebeeckx's theology by fully explaining its context.
- Author BiographyEric Borgman is a Dutch Roman Catholic layman and a member of the Dominican Third Order. He is the author of Dominican Spirituality (Continuum 2001), which carries a postscript by Edward Schillebeeckx
- Author(s)Erik Borgman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- LanguageDutch & English
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight744 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.