Edwin Hubble, the Discoverer of the Big Bang Universe by Alexander S. Sharov, I.D. Novikov (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $141.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $40.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by tangleberrys
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first complete account of the scientific life and work of Edwin Hubble, whose discoveries firmly established the United States as the leading nation in observational astromy. One of the outstanding astromers of the twentieth century, Hubble discovered the expansion of the Universe. He opened the world of galaxies for science when he showed that spiral nebulae beyond the Milky Way are galaxies extending to the limits of the Universe, and participating in a general expansion of the cosmos. The exploding Universe of Hubble, w termed the Big Bang, determined the origin of the elements, of galaxies and of the stars. The second part of the book describes the fundamental discoveries on the nature of the Universe made subsequently, and thus sets his achievements in context. Written by two prominent astromers who have built on Hubble's work, this book is a classic of science, setting out the thrilling story of the exploding Universe.
- Author(s)Alexander S. Sharov,I.D. Novikov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/10/1993
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus.
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated byVitaly I. Kisin
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.44Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.