All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNed Lutyens was England's most prolific architect since Sir Christopher Wren, and his work still enhances our lives, from the fountains of Trafalgar Square and the Cetaph in Whitehall, to the last 'castle' built in Britain and numerous country houses among his 600 commissions. His collaboration with the garden designer Gertrude Jekyll at places such as Hestercombe in Somerset and Lindisfarne Castle can still be enjoyed by vistiors and the memorials he designed to commemorate the dead of the First World War impress all who tour the battlefields of rthern France. Of these, Thiepval Memorial to the Missing is the most awesome.
- Author BiographyMichael Barker represents the Lutyens Trust and the fund-raising committee for the Franco-British visitor Centre at Thiepval, for which he has also advised on the displays for Sir Edwin Lutyens, reconstruction and First World War memorials.
- Author(s)Michael Barker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- Series TitleLifelines S.
- Series Part/Volume Number43
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.