Effective Advertising: Understanding When, How, and Why Advertising Works by Gerald J. Tellis (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $186.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- Description'Tellis has done a remarkable job. He has brought together an amazingly diverse literature. Unlike some other sources that claim to be able to measure the effects of advertising, Tellis's thoroughness and ability to understand and convey results of various experiments and statistical analyses helps the reader to separate the wheat from the chaff. Any student of advertising, whether new to the field or a seasoned veteran executive or researcher, should read this book' - Alan G. Sawyer, University of Florida Understanding Effective Advertising: How, When, and Why Ads Work reviews and summarizes an extensive body of research on advertising effectiveness. In particular, it summarizes what we kw today on when, how, and why advertising works. The primary focus of the book is on the instantaneous and carryover effects of advertising on consumer choice, sales, and market share. In addition, the book reviews research on the rich variety of ad appeals, and suggests which appeals work, and when, how, and why they work.
- Author BiographyGerard J. Tellis Jerry & Nancy Neely Chair in American Enterprise. He has a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor). His bachelor's degree is in chemistry and his master's is in business administration. Previously he worked as a Sales Development Manager for Johnson & Johnson, where he was responsible for brand management, new product introduction and sales staff planning. He joined USC's Marketing Department in 1989 as an associate professor, and was promoted to professor in Spring 1993. Professor Tellis is an expert in advertising & promotion, pricing and entry into new markets. He has published widely on these topics in many journals including the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Advertising Research, Marketing Science and Sloan Management Review. His research on advertising has been noted in the professional and popular press, both nationally and internationally. He has won several awards for his research and teaching. In particular, he has recently won the Maynard Award for most significant contribution to Marketing thought in the Journal of Marketing, the Odell Award 1998 for best paper in the Journal of Marketing Research, and the Bass Award for best paper in Marketing Science. His recent book, Will and Vision: How Latecomers Grow to Dominate Markets, (co-authored with Peter Golder), was rated by Harvard Business Review as one of the best business books of 2001. He is on the editorial review board of the Journal of Marketing Research. At USC, Professor Tellis teaches courses on Advertising & Promotion Strategy, Marketing Models and Philosophy of Marketing Science.
- PrizesWinner of Berry/AMA Book Prize 2006.
- Author(s)Gerald J. Tellis
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/01/2004
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMarketing for a New Century
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight489 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.