All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.14Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhy does Bible study flourish in some churches and small groups and t in others? In this updated edition of a trusted classic, two Christian education specialists provide readers with the kwledge and methods needed to effectively communicate the message of the Bible. The book offers concrete guidance for mastering a biblical text, interpreting it, and applying its relevance to life. Its methods, which have been field-tested for twenty-five years, help pastors, teachers, and ministry students improve their classroom skills. Readers will learn how to develop the big idea of a passage and allow the text itself to suggest creative teaching methods. This new edition has been updated throughout and explores the changed landscape of Bible study over the past two decades. Readable and interdisciplinary in approach, this book will help a new generation of Bible students teach in a purposeful and unified way.
- Author Biography<b>James C. Wilhoit</b> (PhD, Northwestern University) is the Scripture Press Professor of Christian Formation and Ministry at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, where he has taught for thirty years. He has authored numerous books, including <i>Spiritual Formation as if the Church Mattered</i>. <b>Leland Ryken</b> (PhD, University of Oregon) is professor emeritus of English at Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois, and the author or editor of nearly forty books, including <i>Words of Delight: A Literary Introduction to the Bible</i>.
- Author(s)Dr Leland Ryken,James C Wilhoit
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.