All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionIt is essential that in today's public sector, social care and health managers have a thorough and critical understanding of best practice in commissioning services. This guide has been developed to underpin core aspects of commissioning services in health and social care with tools and strategies that really work. The authors go through the commissioning process step-by-step in order to help the reader better understand the following: * The distinguishing characteristics of commissioning; * how commissioning is affected by changes in the public sector generally and health and social care in particular; * the significant potential for improved service quality and value for money arising from commissioning; * how good commissioning can engage in productive conversations that can lead to better outcomes for patients, clients and the community. There are sections on specific skills needed for good commissioning, the challenges many face and how to approach them, and what makes a good commissioning manager.
- Author BiographyRichard Field is a qualified accountant, executive coach and a visiting fellow at Bournemouth University. Richard has worked for the Office for Public Management on a number of highly successful leadership programmes and for Bournemouth University he teaches strategic management and commissioning. Currently Richard is a freelance development specialist working with individual leaders, leadership teams, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Health and Wellbeing Boards. Judy Oliver is a qualified barrister, executive coach and facilitator specialising in strategic thinking, management of change and transition and the development of teams and partnerships. Judy started her career with BP where she worked in a variety of roles from industrial relations , legal, HR policy and management development of high potential managers. Since 1998, Judy has designed and delivered a wide range of bespoke leadership development programmes and workshops for leaders across all sectors but, particularly, for clinical leaders in the NHS.
- Author(s)Judy Oliver,Richard Field
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication12/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePost-Qualifying Social Work Leadership and Management Handbooks
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.