All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionEffective Experimentation is a practical book on how to design and analyse experiments. Each of the methods are introduced and illustrated through real world scenario drawn from industry or research. Formulae are kept to a minimum to enable the reader to concentrate on how to apply and understand the different methods presented. <p>The book has been developed from courses run by Statistics for Industry Limited during which time more than 10,000 scientists and techlogists have gained the kwledge and confidence to plan experiments successfully and to analyse their data. Each chapter starts with an example of a design obtained from the authors experience. Statistical methods for analysing data are introduced, followed, where appropriate, by a discussion of the assumptions of the method and effectiveness and limitations of the design. <p>The examples have been chosen from many industries including chemicals, oils, building materials, textiles, food, drink, lighting, water, pharmaceuticals, electronics, paint, toiletries and petfoods. <p>This book is a valuable resource for researchers and industrial statisticians involved in designing experiments. Postgraduates studying statistics, engineering and mathematics will also find this book of interest.
- Author BiographyRichard Boddy, Director of S4i Limited, Co-founder of Statistics for Industry and Director for 30 years and has lectured on more than 300 courses to scientists and technologists from industry. <p>Gordon Laird Smith, Consultant Statistician, Director of Statistics for Industry, developing and presenting training courses to scientists and technologists of all disciplines at all levels.
- Author(s)Gordon Smith,Richard Boddy
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2010
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight608 g
- Width166 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.