All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the tion that quantum gravity may represent the breakdown of spacetime at extremely high energy scales. If spacetime does t exist at the fundamental level, then it has to be considered emergent , in other words an effective structure, valid at low energy scales. The author develops a conception of emergence appropriate to effective theories in physics, and shows how it applies (or could apply) in various approaches to quantum gravity, including condensed matter approaches, discrete approaches, and loop quantum gravity.
- Author BiographyKaren Crowther works in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Geneva. She holds a PhD from the University of Sydney, a BSc. (Hons.), and a BA. (Hons.) from Monash University.
- Author(s)Karen J. Crowther
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/07/2016
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 4 colour tables, biography
- Weight491 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.