Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionWith expert analysis of techniques for more than 100 resistance training exercises, this guide ensures these exercises are performed correctly and with minimal risk. Drawing on the latest scientific principles and theories related to resistance training, it provides the how and the why behind the proper performance of popular upper-body, lower-body and trunk exercises. By understanding the purpose and correct form for each exercise, you can gain the full benefit each exercise provides and avoid injury. #FEThe book addresses high-risk situations where exercises fall short of safe biomechanical standards, challenges training goals and offers solutions and corrective modifications. It also presents information related to resistance training programme design. It defines and discusses topics such as training systems, periodization principles and also simplifies the design and teaching of programmes to meet the best interests of trainers, clients and students.
- Author BiographyKnown as the trainer's trainer, <b>Douglas Brooks</b> is acknowledged as one of the premier personal trainers in the United States and internationally. He's widely recognized through his numerous appearances on home shopping networks, infomercials, the Cable Health Club Network, and fitness videos. An ACE-certified personal trainer since 1983, Brooks is also the fitness training director at Snowcreek Resort and Athletic Club and the co-owner of Moves International, a provider of educational resources, continuing education, and live workshops for fitness professionals. </p>Brooks has also authored <i>Going Solo: The Art of Personal Training</i> (a landmark publication written during personal training's infancy), <i>Program Design for Personal Trainers: Bridging Theory Into Application</i>, <i>Your Personal Trainer</i>, <i>The Complete Book of Personal Training</i>, and numerous educational manuals. He is active in many professional organizations, including IDEA--The Health and Fitness Source, the International Sports Trainers Association, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association. He also conducts lectures and workshops throughout the United States and internationally on the topics of personal training, strength training, kinesiology, and exercise physiology. </p>Brooks enjoys fitness activities of all kinds. He is active as a cyclist, marathoner, Ironman triathlete, alpine and Nordic skier, in-line skater, rock climber, and mountaineer. He holds a master's degree in exercise physiology from Central Michigan University. Brooks, his wife, Candice, and their two sons live in Mammoth Lakes, California. </p>
- Author(s)Douglas Brooks
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/08/2001
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2001
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 240 black & white halftones
- Weight762 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.