All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen processing text files, the awk language is ideal for handling data extraction, reporting, and data-reformatting jobs. This practical guide serves as both a reference and tutorial for POSIX-standard awk and for the GNU implementation, called gawk. This book is useful for vices and awk experts alike. In this thoroughly revised edition, author and gawk lead developer Arld Robbins describes the awk language and gawk program in detail, shows you how to use awk and gawk for problem solving, and then dives into specific features of gawk. System administrators, programmers, webmasters, and other power users will find everything they need to kw about awk and gawk. You will learn how to: Format text and use regular expressions in awk and gawk Process data using awk's operators and built-in functions Manage data relationships using associative arrays Define your own functions Think in awk with two full chapters of sample functions and programs Take advantage of gawk's many advanced features Debug awk programs with the gawk built-in debugger Extend gawk by writing new functions in C or C++ This book is published under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. You have the freedom to copy and modify this GNU manual. Royalties from the sales of this book go to the Free Software Foundation and to the author.
- Author BiographyArnold Robbins is a professional programmer and technical author who has worked with Unix systems since 1980 and has been using AWK since 1987. As a member of the POSIX 1003.2 balloting group, he helped shape the POSIX standard for AWK. Arnold is currently the maintainer of gawk and its documentation. He is coauthor of the sixth edition of O'Reilly's Learning the vi Editor.
- Author(s)Arnold Robbins
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication13/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight940 g
- Width179 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.