Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.40Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionTechlogy has significantly enhanced our ability to detect and monitor the health and condition of critical components in Army aviation. By combining these techlogical advances with the existing systems for vibration analysis, we have developed a maintenance management program based on the health condition of the components rather than time-driven inspections and replacements. One vibration analysis program, the Health Usage and Management System (HUMS), developed for the UH-60 Blackhawk, was examined in this study. The purpose of this thesis is to determine whether Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) provides a distinct advantage over phase or time-driven inspections and component replacement in Army Aviation. To answer this question we have identified a series of metrics to assess the efficiency and usefulness of CBM. During the analysis portion of this study we examined two assault helicopter battalions, one HUMS-equipped and one without, and applied these metrics. This study determined that HUMS does provide an advantage in flight hours completed and operational readiness rates, coupled with a marginal decrease in hours of n-mission capable for maintenance reported. While this thesis also found an increase in efficiency in dollars spent per operational flight hour, the data set was too small to draw major conclusions. Recommendations for further study include incorporating this new system into failure mode identification and improved maintenance procedures.
- Author(s)Marc P Gaguzis
- Date of Publication17/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight154 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.