Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Air Force Institute of Techlogy Boundary Layer Research Facility test section was modified to create controlled n-zero streamwise pressure gradients. The capability of the modified facility to reproduce theoretical laminar boundary layer velocity profiles and to create a self-preserving flow with an adverse streamwise pressure gradient was verified with three-dimensional laser Doppler anemometry. The effects of streamwise adverse and favorable pressure gradients on turbulent boundary layer flow characteristics (velocity profiles, turbulence and skin friction) and vortex formation over a flat plate with riblets at low speed (U = 5 m/s) were studied. Normal and spanwise velocity profiles for both pressure gradients showed the presence of paired counter-rotating vortices nested within the riblet valleys. These flow structures increased drag and significantly altered near-wall flow compared to a smooth plate turbulent boundary layer. The adverse pressure gradient tended to degrade these vortices as the flow progressed.
- Author(s)Franklin L Dement
- Date of Publication17/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight268 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.