All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful reminder that fairy tales are at their best when they illuminate the precarious balance between lighthearted childhood and the darkness and danger of adulthood. School Library Journal(starred review) Elena Rudina lives in the impoverished Russian countryside, and there is food. But then a train arrives in the village, a train carrying a cornucopia of food, untold wealth, and a ble family destined to visit the Tsar in Saint Petersburg a family that includes Ekaterina, a girl of Elena s age. When the two girls lives collide, an adventure is set in motion, an escapade that includes mistaken identity, a monk locked in a tower, a prince traveling incognito, and in a starring role only Gregory Maguire could have conjured Baba Yaga, witch of Russian folklore, in her ambulatory house perched on chicken legs.
- Author BiographyGregory Maguire is the author of the incredibly popular books in the Wicked Years series, including Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, which inspired the musical. He is also the author of several books for children, including What-the-Dickens, a New York Times bestseller. Gregory Maguire lives outside Boston.
- Author(s)Gregory Maguire
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.35
- AU $9.96Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $26.30Trending at AU $28.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.