All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are over 32 million eggs sold and eaten in the UK every day. The egg is the simplest and most complete food - perfect for singles and couples for a cosy evening in, versatile eugh for the quickest of meals to the smartest of dinner parties, the favourite of patissiers and dessert chefs. With more than 30 years experience as a chef at the top of his profession Michel Roux has garnered a vast wealth of culinary kwledge and expertise. Trained in the classic French style, but an inveterate global traveller with a passion for different cuisines Michel uses all of his skill and experience to take a new look at one of the oldest foods of all. Destined to become a staple on the bookshelves of everyone who likes to cook and illustrated throughout with stunning photographs by award-winning photographer Martin Brigdale, Eggs contains a compilation of the best 100 egg recipes. Each chapter is arranged around a style of cooking eggs from boiling, frying, poaching, baking and scrambling; how to make the perfect omelette, mousse, souffle and custard. There are classic egg recipes given a modern twist such as Hollandaise Sauce, Eggs Benedict, Lemon Souffle, Creme Caramel and Pavlova with Summer Fruits. There are also new dishes which boast new combinations of flavours or a lighter, simpler style of cooking including Soft Boiled Duck Egg with Asparagus Spears, Poached Egg Caesar Salad and Pistachio Creme Brulee.
- Author BiographyFor 30 years Michel Roux has been chef-patron of the Waterside Inn at Bray, where for 18 consecutive years he has achieved 3 Michelin stars. He is ranked ninth in Michelin's hierarchy of the best chefs in Europe. Michel has appeared in two television series and has written several books including Only the Best and Sauces, published by Quadrille, which won the Glenfiddich Visual Award and has sold in excess of 200,000 copies.
- Author(s)Michel Roux
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteover 150 specially commissioned colour photographs
- Weight762 g
- Width160 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographs byMartin Brigdale
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.