All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEgon Schiele was born in Vienna in 1890, growing up in the same milieu that nurtured the theories of Freud. Showing a precious talent as a child, he developed a distinctive personal style that matched his anguished obsession with sex, life and death. His nudes and self-portraits, with their unflinching honesty, are among the most intense and powerful portrayals of sexual feeling in Western art. Although he died young he produced a body of paintings, watercolours and drawings that rank him among the most original artists of the early twentieth century, and an important forerunner of the Expressionist movement. In this book Christopher Short presents a biographical introduction and survey of Schiele's art, followed by detailed commentaries on a selection of 48 male and female nudes, self-portraits, portraits, landscapes and allegorical works representing a full cross-section of the artist's finest works in all media.
- Author BiographyDr Christopher Short lectures on the history and theory of art in the School of Fine Art at the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff.
- Author(s)Christopher Short
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/1997
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleColour Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note48 colour and 40 b&w illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width225 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.