All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.08Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionOver 500 archaeological objects from the Egyptian collections of two important museums in Europe. In 2011 the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden in Leiden and the Museo Civico Archeologico in Bologna signed a five-year agreement with the aim of embarking on joint research and cultural projects. The two museums can be considered twins due to their similar traditions, international prestige and archaeological legacies, but their Egyptian collections - both museums hold important masterpieces from the same area of the Saqqara necropolis - are what they share most in common. Egypt. Millenary Splendour. The Leiden Collection in Bologna celebrates the museums' intense and fruitful collaboration through the display of over 500 finds - some on loan from the Dutch museum for the first time - spanning the entire arc of Egyptian civilization, from the Predynastic to the Roman period. Since the study of history can never be completely objective, it is always appropriate to find the right way to recount the past. This dialogue and comparison between two major international Egyptian collections has provided an opportunity to musealize ancient Egypt yet again and, at the same time, offers a new key to interpreting the works, thanks to the contribution made by many internationally rewned Egyptian scholars.
- Author Biography<b>Paola Giovetti</b> is technical director of the Archaeological Museum of Bologna. <b>Daniela Picchi </b>is curator of the Egyptian Department at the Archaeological Museum of Bologna. She teaches Egyptology at the University of Ravenna.
- Author(s)Daniela Picchi,Paola Giovetti
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note531 colour illustrations
- Weight3310 g
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.