All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom sand-swept desert ruins to the brilliant water of the Red Sea to the vibrant city of Cairo, Egypt's landscape is as legendary as its mythical history. Home to hieroglyphs, pharaohs and the Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt's rich cultural heritage means the country truly merits its place in the Cradle of Civilization. In this breathtaking journey, rewned photographer Philip Plisson travels with bestselling author and Egyptologist Christian Jacq to celebrate the many places and faces of this spectacular land. Plisson's expert lens captures stunning icons of Antiquity with the same grace and beauty as it presents the people of Egypt - at work, at play, residing as they have for centuries in communities along the Nile Delta and, at the same time, enjoying all that modernity has to offer. Jacq's illuminating text provides insight to Plisson's 350 splendid photos, inviting readers to rediscover Egypt as they've never kwn it before.
- Author BiographyPhilip Plisson was born in 1947. He is the author of more than 40 books, including The Sea, The Sea Day by Day, The Eternal Sea, Lighthouses, Ships and Queen Mary 2. Christian Jacq is an author and Egyptologist. He has written more than 50 books, including the bestselling Ramses series, which has been translated into 25 languages.
- Author(s)Christian Jacq,Philip Plisson
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note250 full-colour illustrations
- Weight2440 g
- Width286 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.