Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.16+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionEgyptology Today examines how modern scholars examine all aspects of ancient Egypt, one of the greatest of all ancient civilizations. In essays by a team of archaeologists, curators, scholars, and conservators who are actively involved in research or applied aspects of Egyptology, this book looks at the techniques and methods that are used to increase our understanding of a distant culture that was as old to the Greeks and Romans as these cultures are to us. Topics range from how tombs and other monuments are discovered, excavated, recorded and preserved, to the study of Egyptian history, art, artifacts, and texts. Each chapter shows how modern Egyptology approaches, learns about, and strives to preserve the ancient remains of one of the most fascinating cultures in human history.
- Author BiographyRichard H. Wilkinson is Professor of Egyptian archaeology at the University of Arizona. Director of the University of Arizona Egyptian Expedition, which has conducted archaeological projects in Egypt's famed Valley of the Kings since 1989 and now excavating the memorial temple of Queen Tausert, he is the author of nearly one hundred articles and reviews as well as six books, most recently The Complete Temples of Egypt and The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/01/2008
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Notefigures
- Weight730 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byRichard H. Wilkinson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.