All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSociedad Deportiva Eibar is the Basque side from a passionate football town one-third the size of the Camp Nou. Eibar the Brave tells the amazing Cinderella story of La Liga's smallest club, which has seen Barcelona and Real Madrid playing top-tier football at Ipurua, the 5000-capacity stadium that Eibar calls home. Promotion-party pitch invasions are t uncommon; but the night of 25 May 2014 saw a promotion with a difference, involving a wildly urthodox club. There weren't eugh fans to cover the pitch. The celebration was 45 minutes after the final whistle. The team was wearing their away kit despite having played at home. And Eibar could still potentially be relegated! Having followed Eibar and witnessed the madness first-hand, Euan McTear documents the club's first season in La Liga and discusses all the pieces put into place over the years to make 2014/15 a season like other.
- Author BiographyEuan McTear is a Scottish journalist and former current affairs editor of the Glasgow Guardian. A year in Barcelona following La Liga and the biggest team in the world opened his eyes to a new world of football. Having followed the rise of SD Eibar, McTear is perfectly placed to tell the story of one of Spain's most modest, yet proudest, teams.
- Author(s)Euan McTear
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour pictures
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.