All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican graphic artist Charles Dana Gibson (1867-1944) found enduring fame as the creator of the Gibson Girl - the beautiful, independent, and socially confident young woman who embodied the spirit of a new era at the turn of the twentieth century. This affordable volume reprints one of Gibson's best original collections in its entirety, presenting the iconic drawings as published in their original form more than 100 years ago. In addition to dozens of sketches of gorgeous Gibson Girls, this volume includes the artist's The Weaker Sex series, a droll sequence of vignettes depicting a smitten young man and the object of his affections.
- Author BiographyGraphic artist Charles Dana Gibson (1867-1944) is famed for his thousands of drawings of the Gibson Girl - an idealized image of American womanhood at the turn of the 20th century.
- Author(s)Charles Dana Gibson
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleDover Fine Art, History of Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width286 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.