All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe Special Theory of Relativity is considered as one of the two major revolutions of the twentieth century, the second one being the 'quantum theory'. Roger Penrose wrote: 'Albert Einstein had such extraordinary deep perceptions of the workings of Nature that he laid foundation stones for both of these twentieth century revolutions in the single year of 1905.' Since Einstein is considered as one of the supreme intellects of all time, Chapter 1 gives his brief life sketch. The following chapters, explain (in an easy-to-understand manner) the basic physics and the fascinating consequences of the Special Theory of Relativity.
- Author BiographyAjoy Ghatak obtained his M.Sc. from Delhi University and Ph.D. from Cornell University. He has retired from IIT Delhi as Professor of Physics. He received the 2008 SPIE Educator award in recognition of his unparalleled global contributions to the field of fiber optics research, and his tireless dedication to optics education worldwide and throughout the developing world in particular, and the 2003 Optical Society of American Esther Hoffman Beller Award in recognition of his outstanding contributions to optical science and engineering education. He is also a recipient of the CSIR S.S. Bhatnager Award, 16th Khwarizmi International Award, the International Commission for Optics Galileo Galilei Award and the UGC Meghnad Saha Award for his research work. He received D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) from University of Burdwan in 2007.
- Author(s)Ajoy Ghatak
- PublisherViva Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintViva Books
- Content NoteDVD
- Weight525 g
- Width132 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.