All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionPresented in clear and accessible language with wonderfully supportive graphics, Roberts offers the reader a voyage through the stages of human kwledge. He then examines the outstanding mysteries of modern physics, the phemena that lie outside the borders of our current understanding (dark energy, dark matter, the Big Bang, wave-particle duality, quantum tunneling, state vector reduction, etc.) and suggests that the next step in our intellectual journey is to treat the vacuum of space as a superfluid-modeling it as being composed of interactive quanta, which, in a self-similar way, are composed of subquanta, and so on. With this proposition Roberts imbues the vacuum with fractal geometry, and opens the door to explaining the outstanding mysteries of physics geometrically. Roberts' model, called quantum space theory, has been praised for how it offers an intuitively accessible picture of eleven dimensions and for powerfully extending the insight of general relativity, eloquently translating the four forces into unique kinds of geometric distortions, while offering us access to the underlying deterministic dynamics that give rise to quantum mechanics. That remarkably simple picture explains the mysteries of modern physics is a way that is fully commensurate with Einstein's Intuition. It is a refreshingly unique perspective that generates several testable predictions.
- Author BiographyThad Roberts is a theoretical physicist, philosopher, and adventurer who passionately explores the possibility that quantum mechanics is not exact, but is, instead, an accurate approximation of a deeper deterministic theory. Thad has excavated dinosaur fossils, sailed across the Atlantic in a 55' sloop, and lived out of a VW Vanagon for 2 years traveling the world for $10 a day. He has worked as an astrophysicist for NASA, and then a flight lead, training astronauts for their EVAs. His life took an infamous twist when, to impress a girl, he literally stole the moon-a story that is captured in the best-selling book Sex on the Moon. During his confinement he poured himself into a thorough investigation of Nature's deepest mysteries-an intellectual adventure that gave form to this book. Thad currently works as a theoretical physicist for a private think tank, and as a motivational speaker for the American Program Bureau, where he shares his story to inspire others to follow their dreams and to let their curiosity propel them to a broader horizon.
- Author(s)Thad Roberts
- PublisherQuantum Space Theory Institute
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuantum Space Theory Institute
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight1139 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.