All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionA stinking alien commander. Eight freaky kids. And a pair of faded Y-fronts. When crazy Uncle Otto warns of imminent invasion from outer space, his maths geek nephew Alexander takes on the task of saving the world. He recruits a ragged crew of school superheroes to help him, including Tortoise Boy, armed with Cedric the tortoise, the Human Hurricane, who possesses untold power in his bottom, and Really Anying Girl. But with only a pack of cards, some toy ray-guns and a pair of old pants for help, can they do it? Find out in this nail-bitingly scary but hilarious story by a prize-winning author.
- Author BiographyAnthony McGowan was born in Manchester in 1965. Educated at a Leeds comprehensive, he won't say that his characters' schooldays are exactly based on his own but he certainly writes from experience. Before turning to writing full-time, Anthony gained a PhD in Philosophy, worked as a nightclub bouncer, an Open University tutor, a journalist and a civil servant. He won the 2006 Booktrust Teenage Prize and Catalyst Award for his teenage novel Henry Tumour. He is married to Rebecca Campbell, a fashion designer and novelist. They have two young children and live in north London.
- PrizesShortlisted for Roald Dahl Funny Prize: The Funniest Book for Children Aged Seven to Fourteen 2010.
- Author(s)Anthony McGowan
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYearling (imprint of Random House Children's Books)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight229 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.