All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionDwight David Eisenhower proudly claimed that he came from the very heart of America. Yet it could be argued that, despite those provincial beginnings, other American exerted more influence on world history during the twentieth century. From his humble birth in Abilene, Kansas, Eisenhower rose to the supreme command of the Allied armies that helped destroy Adolf Hitler's Nazi war machine and to the presidency of the United States. Douglas Kinnard's profile of this great soldier-statesman describes his rise through the ranks of the peacetime army of the 1920s and 1930s the recognition of his abilities by such leaders as Douglas MacArthur and George C. Marshall, his great crusade in Europe during World War II, and his two terms in the Oval Office. Kinnard's penetrating look at this great military leader and commander in chief serves as an introduction to Eisenhower's life and provides a concise account of the momentous military and political events of the first half of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyDouglas Kinnard, a 1944 graduate of West Point, served in combat in World War II, Korea, and Vietnam, retiring as a brigadier general. After receiving a Ph.D. from Princeton, he taught at the University of Vermont, at which he is now professor emeritus of political science. Subsequently, he served as Army Chief of Military History and was on the faculties of the Naval War College and the National Defense University. Now a resident of Alexandria, Virginia, he is the author of seven books.
- Author(s)Douglas Kinnard
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleMilitary Profiles
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrassey's US
- Out-of-print date14/11/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.