Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $27.59Trending at AU $32.50
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.72
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.42
About this product
- DescriptionThe greatest relief pitcher of all time shares his extraordinary story of survival, love, and baseball. Maria Rivera, the man who intimidated thousands of batters merely by opening a bullpen door, began his incredible journey as the son of a poor Panamanian fisherman. When first scouted by the Yankees, he didn't even own his own glove. He thought he might make a good mechanic. When discovered, he had never flown in an airplane, had never heard of Babe Ruth, spoke English, and couldn't imagine Tampa, the city where he was headed to begin a career that would become one of baseball's most iconic. What he did kw: that he loved his family and his then girlfriend, Clara, that he could trust in the Lord to guide him, and that he could throw a baseball exactly where he wanted to, every time. With astonishing candor, Rivera tells the story of the championships, the bosses (including The Boss), the rivalries, and the struggles of being a Lati baseball player in the United States and of maintaining Christian values in professional athletics. The thirteen-time All-Star discusses his drive to win; the secrets behind his legendary composure; the story of how he discovered his cut fastball; the untold, pitch-by-pitch account of the ninth inning of Game 7 in the 2001 World Series; and why the lowest moment of his career became one of his greatest blessings. In The Closer, Rivera takes readers into the Yankee clubhouse, where his teammates are his brothers. But he also takes us on that jog from the bullpen to the mound, where the game -- or the season -- rests squarely on his shoulders. We come to understand the laserlike focus that is his hallmark, and how his faith and his family kept his feet firmly on the pitching rubber. Many of the tools he used so consistently and gracefully came from what was inside him for a very long time -- his deep passion for life; his enduring commitment to Clara, whom he met in kindergarten; and his innate sense for getting out of a jam. When Rivera retired, the whole world watched -- and cheered. In The Closer, we come to an even greater appreciation of a legend built from the ground up.
- Author BiographyMariano Rivera is a pitcher for the New York Yankees, where he has played for 18 seasons. He is the all-time saves leader and a five-time World Champion. He and his wife Clara have three sons and live in New York.
- Author(s)Mariano Rivera
- PublisherLittle Brown and Company
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle Brown and Company
- Read byMichael Kay
- Contained items statement7 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.