All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionJulia is a historian, and for years she has participated in a monthly discussion with three old friends. She decides to mention her latest work, a book which reflects on art and violence through biographies. Immersed in her research, she is shaken by a discovery the memoirs of an obscure poet and professor who suffered retaliation after the Spanish Civil War, whose pages reflect the same themes of the book she is writing. Woven throughout the vel are three narrative voices: the one who relays the discussions, one of the forgotten poet s memoirs, and one of the book Julia is writing. Among the convergence and intersection of these three voices, perhaps the reader may find some answers to important open questions.
- Author Biography<b>Selena Millares</b> is the author of <i>Paginas de arena</i>, <i>Isla del silencio</i>, <i>Cuadernos de Sassari</i>, and <i>Suenos del goliardo</i>. She has also written literary essays, including <i>La maldicion de Scheherazade</i> and <i>La revolucion secreta</i>. Her work and research has led her to reside in various cities and since 1996 she has been a professor of literature at the Autonomous University of Madrid. In 2014, she unanimously won the Antonio Machado International Literature Prize for the novel <i>El faro y la noche</i>.
- Author(s)Selena Millares
- PublisherEdiciones Barataria
- Date of Publication01/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEdiciones Barataria
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byCarola Moreno,Joseph Mallord William Turner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.