Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe thoughts, scenes, and observations gathered in this collection written by an aging Elroy Bode concern themselves on the surface with the daily happenings during a typical year, reflecting the author's sense of kinship with the people, creatures, and beauty of the Texas desert. Upon closer inspection, however, these short sketches deal with the nature and meaning of life and the inevitable loss of its pleasures, satisfactions, and mysteries--especially in the context of the natural world that surrounds him. The book ends with a long and powerful recounting by Bode of the incredible circumstances surrounding the death of his son.
- Author BiographyElroy Bode is the author of nine books, including Commonplace Mysteries, Home Country: An Elroy Bode Reader , and In a Special Light . He has been a contributing editor for the Texas Observer and is a two-time recipient of the Stanley Walker Award for Journalism from the Texas Institute of Letters. He lives in El Paso, Texas, USA. Robert Bonazzi is a poetry columnist for the San Antonion Express-News . He is the author of several collections of poetry, including Fictive Music, Living the Borrowed Life , and Perpetual Texts and of the critically-acclaimed biography Man in the Mirror: John Howard Griffin and the Story of Black Like Me . He lives in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
- Author(s)Elroy Bode
- PublisherWings Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWings Press
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.