Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- Description<p> Elderburbia: Aging with a Sense of Place in America argues that aging is t about time and the body, but about place and relationships. Drawing on the fascinating, multidisciplinary field of ethgraphy, it gives readers a deeper understanding of how the aging experience is shaped by where people call home, as well as a look at what makes a place well-suited for post-retirement living. <p> Elderburbia combines cutting-edge scholarship with practical advice. The book provides an introduction to pivotal research on the broad subject of aging and place, including studies of migration and relocation. It also takes readers inside invative elder-friendly community planning around the United States, particularly AdvantAge--an initiative to help counties, cities, and towns prepare for the growing number of older adults who are aging in place, as opposed to moving to retiree-only communities. Everyone from individuals and families to social workers, activists, and city officials will find this a helpful, enlightening resource.
- Author BiographyPhilip B. Stafford, PhD, is the director of the Center on Aging and Community and the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community and adjunct professor in the Department of Anthropology at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- Author(s)Philip B Stafford,Philip B. Stafford
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.