All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe City of Kings is the second part of the three-book Eldorado series. In this vel the beautiful Monica has been kidnapped by the Peruvian terrorist group, The Shining Path. Peter Martin, a young American geology student is dedicated to finding his true love and her mother. As the sinister plot of Monica's evil uncle is uncovered, Peter finds himself immersed in the middle of a battle between good and evil. It is a race against time to find Monica before the Shining Path does. The winner will get the coveted Inca treasure that Pizarro and the conquistadors found in their conquest of Peru. In the process Peter really discovers himself and his true feelings for Monica. The treasure is safely hidden in the ancient tunnels underneath the Incan capital city of Cusco, Peru, but will it stay safe? Peter is frustrated by the red tape and government bureaucracy that he has to wade through to get the help that is required. Time is of the essence and Peter kws that the terrorists will t hesitate to kill Monica if they receive the information they need from the Sacred Quipu to find the treasure cache. The parallel story of the conquest of the Incas is intertwined in the vel because of its historical importance to the location and quantity of the treasure. Francisco Pizarro the goverr and conqueror of Peru is murdered in his own presidential palace in Lima. A struggle for control of the empire takes place between the remaining Pizarro brothers and the 'Men of Chile'. These terrible civil wars between the Spanish conquistadors become t only a fight for power and the right to govern, but also agreed for Inca gold. Peter becomes entangled in a much larger plot that threatens more than just his life. He realizes that the terrorists aren't really after a rich American kid, but this very special Peruvian beauty. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it would prove to change the direction of his whole life. This fictional history is about their adventure together and if their love will overcome the differences between their modern day cultures that become entwined with the past and the search for Eldorado and Inca Gold.
- Author(s)L Norman Shurtliff
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.