All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionElear of Aquitaine was a queen of France and later a queen of England. That alone should pique your interest in this woman. How can that be? Did she simply toss off her French crown, hop across the Channel, grab an English crown, and establish herself on a throne? Well, of course t. But how, then, did she pull off this trick? Elear also went on a crusade to the Holy Land. Moreover, she traveled to Germany, to Sicily, to central Spain, all around France, up and down England. In between, she had ten children. These children, born in the twelfth century, spread out around Europe, had children of their own, and what do you kw! By the early sixteenth century, four hundred years after Elear's birth, her direct descendants included Henry VIII King of England, Francis I King of France, Charles I King of Spain, and Maximilian I Holy Roman Emperor. What's more, their wives were also in the Elear family-all direct descendants. How about that?
- Author(s)John G Gurley
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.