Electing the President, 2012: The Insiders' View by University of Pennsylvania Press (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionPresident Barack Obama decisively won reelection to a second term, garnering the popular vote as well as 332 electoral votes to the challenger's 206, but the course of presidential campaigning never did run smooth. Despite a slowly rising stock market and falling unemployment rate, the ecomic recession provided the Romney campaign with rich opportunities for criticism of Obama's first term. Obama's team countered negative advertising with its own program to discredit Romney's platform, building on the microtargeting techniques from 2008. A surge in social media promotion and fact-checking changed the ter of campaign reportage for better and for worse. On December 6, 2012, prominent members of President Obama's election staff (including David Axelrod, Joel Benenson, Stephanie Cutter, Anita Dunn, and Jim Margolis) met with table members of the Romney campaign (including Eric Fehrnstrom, Kevin Madden, Beth Myers, Neil Newhouse, and Stuart Stevens) for a debriefing of this tumultuous election cycle. Each team made a formal presentation about how it prepared for and responded to the events of the election, describing the members' strategies and perceptions at different points of the campaign and interrogating the opposing party's team about its tactics. In this book, Kathleen Hall Jamieson provides an overview and an edited transcript of the all-day event, along with a timeline of election year milestones. A DVD featuring select video of the proceedings is included. Electing the President, 2012 offers a detailed look into the internal machinery of a presidential campaign and insight into the principles that drive outcomes in a democratic election.
- Author BiographyKathleen Hall Jamieson is Professor of Communication at the Annenberg School for Communication of the University of Pennsylvania, Director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center, and Program Director of the Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands. She is the author or coauthor of fifteen books, including Eloquence in an Electronic Age: The Transformation of Political Speechmaking, Presidents Creating the Presidency: Deeds Done in Words with Karlyn Kohrs Campbell, and Packaging the Presidency: A History and Criticism of Presidential Campaign Advertising and The Obama Victory: How Media, Money, and Message Shaped the 2008 Election with Bruce W. Hardy and Kate Kenski.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication03/10/2013
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note90 illus.
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKathleen Hall Jamieson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.