All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWith countless electric motors being used in daily life, in everything from transportation and medical treatment to military operation and communication, unexpected failures can lead to the loss of valuable human life or a costly standstill in industry. To prevent this, it is important to precisely detect or continuously monitor the working condition of a motor. Electric Machines: Modeling, Condition Monitoring, and Fault Diagsis reviews diagsis techlogies and provides an application guide for readers who want to research, develop, and implement a more effective fault diagsis and condition monitoring scheme-thus improving safety and reliability in electric motor operation. It also supplies a solid foundation in the fundamentals of fault cause and effect. Combines Theoretical Analysis and Practical Application Written by experts in electrical engineering, the book approaches the fault diagsis of electrical motors through the process of theoretical analysis and practical application. It begins by explaining how to analyze the fundamentals of machine failure using the winding functions method, the magnetic equivalent circuit method, and finite element analysis. It then examines how to implement fault diagsis using techniques such as the motor current signature analysis (MCSA) method, frequency domain method, model-based techniques, and a pattern recognition scheme. Emphasizing the MCSA implementation method, the authors discuss robust signal processing techniques and the implementation of reference-frame-theory-based fault diagsis for hybrid vehicles. Fault Modeling, Diagsis, and Implementation in One Volume Based on years of research and development at the Electrical Machines & Power Electronics (EMPE) Laboratory at Texas A&M University, this book describes practical analysis and implementation strategies that readers can use in their work. It brings together, in one volume, the fundamentals of motor fault conditions, advanced fault modeling theory, fault diagsis techniques, and low-cost DSP-based fault diagsis implementation strategies.
- Author BiographyProf. Toliyat is currently a Raytheon Company endowed professor of electrical and computer engineering at Texas A&M University. He has received several awards, including the prestigious Cyrill Veinott Award in Electromechanical Energy Conversion from the IEEE Power Engineering Society (2004), the Patent and Innovation Award from Texas A&M University System Office of Technology Commercialization (2007), the TEES Faculty Fellow Award (2006), the Texas A&M Select Young Investigator Award (1999), and the Space Act Award from NASA (1999). He has also received four prize paper awards from the IEEE. Prof. Toliyat has published more than 370 technical papers (including more than 110 in IEEE Transactions) and has 12 issued and pending U.S. patents.
- Author(s)Hamid A. Toliyat,Homayoun Meshgin-Kelk,Seungdeog Choi,Subhasis Nandi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.