All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHeidi Williamson's first collection is peopled with vibrant and disturbing shadows. The Northern Lights reach down beneath the London skyline, James Dean learns the craft of distance, Darwin staggers across a heaving ship, Coleridge slumbers on to ather dream, and The Travelling Salesman turns a calculator on us. Fuelled by a residency at the London Science Museum's Dana Centre, Williamson's fascination with science leads her to explore less usual territories for poetry, including mathematics, chemistry, and computer programming, as well as space travel, electricity, and evolution. As she investigates the limits of personal and factual kwledge with 'eyes wide open', the driving force throughout is a desire to understand the 'astonishing state of possibilities' in the world around and inside us. Poetry Book Society Recommendation.
- Author Biographyorn in Norfolk in 1971, Heidi Williamson has lived in Stirling, Brussels and Salisbury. She currently lives in Norfolk. In 2008-09 she was poet-in-residence at the London Science Museum's Dana Centre. In 2008 she received an Arts Council award to complete her first collection, 'Electric Shadow' (Bloodaxe Books, 2011). Her work has been used to inspire poetry and science discussions in schools and adult creative writing groups, and has featured in NHS waiting rooms, cafes, and at festivals.
- Author(s)Heidi Williamson
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.