All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if it were possible to combine energy and water in a way that would contribute to the reversal of global warming and the restoration of the planet? What if it were possible to have a better quality of life, without having to give anything up? What if that plan made such ecomic sense that governments and large corporations would buy into it? As it turns out, it is possible to create an energy source by using key techlogies that are already available. Most cities have eugh rain and sun to meet their water and energy needs, by using simple techlogy. Building on current mainstream trends in solar energy and wind power, Electric Water offers a clear vision of how the world's energy and water infrastructure could be transformed. The book provides: an outline of the major issues that need addressing, including global warming; a fascinating explanation of key techlogies in plain water; a vision of business and job opportunities in restoration; real-life examples, including the post-Katrina Louisiana Coastal Restoration program; websites for further information. Unlike many other books on this subject, Electric Water uses accessible language to propose a workable plan for a revolutionary integration of techlogy and quality of life that will be of special interest to planners, engineers and architects.
- Author BiographyChristopher Swan is a designer, writer and entrepreneur. The author of three previous books and a number of articles on energy, infrastructure and transportation, he is best known for his vision of a solar powered railway-based development of Yosemite National Park, articulated in his 1977 book, YV88.
- Author(s)Christopher C. Swan
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content Note65 b/w photos & illus
- Weight496 g
- Width230 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.