Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $195.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionElectrical Machines with MATLAB(R) encapsulates the invaluable insight and experience that eminent instructor Turan Gonen has acquired in almost 40 years of teaching. With simple, versatile content that separates it from other texts on electrical machines, this book is an ideal self-study tool for advanced students in electrical and other areas of engineering. In response to the often inadequate, rushed coverage of fundamentals in most basic circuit analysis books and courses, this resource is intelligently designed, easy to read, and packed with in-depth information on crucial concepts. Topics include three-phase circuits, power measurement in AC circuits, magnetic circuits, transformers, and induction, synchrous, and direct-current machines. The book starts by reviewing more basic concepts, with numerous examples to clarify their application. It then explores new buzzword topics and developments in the area of electrical machine applications and electric power systems, including: * Renewable energy * Wind energy and related conversion * Solar energy * Energy storage * The smart grid Using International Systems (IS) units throughout, this cross-disciplinary design guide delves into commonly used vocabulary and symbols associated with electrical machinery. Several new appendices contain tools such as an extensive glossary to explain important terms. Outlining a wide range of information-and the many different ways to apply it-this book is an invaluable, multifunctional resource for students and professors, as well as practicing professionals looking to refresh and update their kwledge.
- Author BiographyTuran Gonen is professor of electrical engineering and director of the Electrical Power Educational Institute at California State University, Sacramento (CSUS). Previously, he was professor of electrical engineering and director of the Energy Systems and Resources Program at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Professor Gonen also held teaching positions at the University of Missouri- Rolla, the University of Oklahoma, Iowa State University, Florida International University, and Ankara Technical College. He has taught electrical machines and electric power engineering for more than 38 years. Professor Gonen also has a strong background in the power industry. He worked as a design engineer in numerous companies for eight years, both in the United States and abroad. He has served as a consultant for the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Aramco, Black & Veatch Consultant Engineers, and the public utility industry.
- Author(s)Turan Gonen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/11/2011
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note293 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 23 black & white tables
- Weight1383 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.