All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElectrical Safety for Live Events is aimed at all who have to deal with electricity in their day-to-day professional lives. Primarily, states the author, as with any health and safety book, it should teach us when it is time to back off, and time to call someone else in.
- Author BiographyMarco van Beek was educated in Mallorca, prior to studying for his HND in Electronics and Communications Eng. at the Polytechnic of North London. In 1984 he joined Vari-Lite Europe as a full-time Vari*Lite operator/technician and worked on a number of international shows and tours including Simple Minds, Live Aid, U2, Rod Stewart, Jaques Higelin, Johnny Halliday and Michel Sardou. In 1987 he went freelance, working on more major shows and events in a variety of roles. In 1989 he became Field Service Manager for Vari-Lite Europe and in 1990 was responsible for organising the company's move from Cricklewood to Greenford. In the same year he was appointed technical operations manager, also becoming deputy quality representative in 1997. His work included assisting with accreditation to the ISO9002 quality system and the formation of the Vari-Lite Production Services network. In November 1998 he set his own company, Supporting Role Ltd which provides consultancy, resources and services to smaller companies within the industry including areas such as ISO9000, CE marking and compliance, health and safety, project management, IT solutions and business consultancy.
- Author(s)Marco Van Beek
- PublisherCambridge Media Group
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEntertainment Technology Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.