All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe electricity market has experienced ermous setbacks in delivering on the promise of deregulation. In theory, deregulating the electricity market would increase the efficiency of the industry by producing electricity at lower costs and passing those cost savings on to customers. As Electricity Deregulation shows, successful deregulation is possible, although it is by means a hands-off process - in fact, it requires a substantial amount of design and regulatory oversight. This collection brings together leading experts from academia, government, and big business to discuss the lessons learned from experiences such as California's market meltdown as well as the ill-conceived policy choices that contributed to those failures. More importantly, the essays that comprise Electricity Deregulation offers a number of invative prescriptions for the successful design of deregulated electricity markets. Written with ecomists and professionals associated with each of the network industries in mind, this comprehensive volume provides a timely and astute deliberation on the many risks and rewards of electricity deregulation.
- Author BiographyJames M. Griffin is the Bob Bullock Chair in Public Policy and Finance at the Bush School of Government and Public Service at Texas A&M University. His books include Energy, Economics, and Policy and OPEC Behavior and World Oil Prices. Steven L. Puller is assistant professor of economics at Texas A&M University.
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note26 tables, 53line drawings
- Weight838 g
- Width168 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJames M. Griffin,Steven L. Puller
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.