All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the design and use of a particular management model for electricity services in isolated rural communities. This model was designed with the clear objective of efficient financial and technical management, taking into account the social and ecomic environment and the committed participation of the community. The concept of private management is introduced, where a micro-enterprise is responsible for the running of the system and receives payment in exchange for the management of the service. A new tariff model for rural areas (the model of descending blocks) is used. Its application requires four important components: 1)The tariff scheme, the design of which is based on previous studies of socio-ecomic conditions and the development potential of electricity in the region. 2)The regulation of the use of electric energy, which highlights the responsibilities of the different actors and the activities that need to be performed for the system to function smoothly. 3) Contracts between the owner of the generating system and the service operator. 4) Contract between the service operator and the users It is estimated that this model could be used successfully in other energy generating systems (diesel, solar, wind-powered) with small changes, especially to the tariff scheme.
- Author BiographyTeodoro Sanchez is the Technology and Policy Adviser for Energy, Practical Action. He is a mechanical engineer with 20 years' experience with Practical Action in Peru and Britain.
- Author(s)Teodoro Sanchez
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight248 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.13
- AU $10.51Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.